Saturday, May 16, 2009

Microsoft Presentation


The presentation with Microsoft on Thursday went extremely well.

We all worked our butts off to give them an eye full and without sounding pretentious, I must say that we really delivered. Getting the new demo ready for the presentation was no small feat. Our meeting was scheduled for Thursday 10 am and, after weeks of long hours, we completed the presentation material by Thursday 5 am! The whole team came through big time! Joe, Jonathan and myself went to the pitch having not slept for over a day. We all looked pretty exhausted, but fortunately, the work we showed spoke for itself.


We have a new two and a half minute HD trailer and a bunch of video captures of actual game play that I'm extremely proud of. Everything is coming along beautifully. I can't wait to share some of this stuff with the internet world. I hate the trailer that is currently on line as I feel it is no longer representative of the quality and the sheer epicness of our game. But since we are talking with Microsoft, we will not be releasing any of the new material for the time being. You'll have to be patient. In the meantime, we'll keep posting preliminary artwork and screen grabs to keep you checking the blog.

6 comments:

chewi said...

This game is only for xbox, or pc-version will also appear?

Anonymous said...

Good to hear the presentation went well. Can't wait to see the new vids.

Mike Hogue said...

That is fantastic news Michel! This is sure to be a hit.

Can't wait to see more! Congrats to you and the crew! I know what it's like to burn the midnight oil on a project...that's how things are at my studio right now too. I hope you all can get some rest now!

I look forward to seeing more of your game in the future.

Cheers! Mike H.

Joe Olson said...

Hi chewi,

to answer your question (or to not answer it as is unfortunately the case here) while we'd love to put our game in as many gamers hands as possible, the platform(s) that ITSP will appear on is ultimately a decision for the publisher we end up partnering with. I will say that generally console publishers are pretty open to PC/Mac versions after a period of exclusivity, so keep your fingers crossed!

Anonymous said...

This will probably be the best game ever to come out!!!

By the way ever since I read, the flight books I have been a huge fan of your work.

And thank-you for inspiring my own work!!!

Sandz said...

This game looks sick, madly addictive, and I so! want to get my hands on it - for me.

My 10-year-old is hoping I'll let her play it too! (That means I'll have to share)